taintme.com began as an anonymous venting ground for me , circa 1999/2000- as i was quitting smoking and needed an outlet for my horrible thoughts- –
Back then-blogging was really truly small and sorta secretive loser-fish community. i didn’t know one single other person (in the flesh, that is; i knew online people)-who wrote online or had a’blog’*…But now:its a totally different ‘thing’ , this blogging is. Lots and lots of people i know and am related to even, write online.. i wonder sometimes, what the hell i could have done with mine – had i had foresight or motivation.. oh well. i love it still. the outlet is irreplaceable and over time taintme has become my secret soapbox, private journal, crush keeper, gossip outlet and theraputic-confidant. its the most consistent ritual I’ve had in my adult life. a few interesting facts :
- this blog has caused me:
- – Shame and total embarrassment,(separately and multiple instances of both)
- – to lose friends, to get a job- to lose a job ( no dooce )
- – to get a date, ( 1…and it sucked)
- – to get closer to family members, re-connect with childhood friends and
- – to establish some awesome friendships ….
canadian: or “all about me and my canadian tourettes..”
taintme through the ages:
*i still cannot handle the word ‘blog’.